Saraswathi Pooja and Ayudha Pooja
The Saraswathi pooja falls on the 9th day of Navarathri. This year it is on 29-Sep-17. Below is the procedure to perform the pooja.
The Saraswati Pooja, a part of the Navaratri festival, is a day of rest and reflection when all tools and accouterments associated with work and learning are placed before the goddess of wisdom. Respects are paid to the tools that help us better our lives. On Vijayadashami, all these objects are removed from the pooja and used with renewed fervour with the blessings of the goddess.
The house is cleaned and books, pens, work related items and other industry related things are kept in front of the Saraswathi idol.
Every single object is anointed with kumkum and sandal.
Flowers are used for the archana.
Saraswathi Ashtotaram is chanted or any chants praising the deity is sung.
After the pooja, gift is given to one young girl (or if you plan to do everything on One day, nine young girls) blouse or dress material, betel nuts, bananas, bangles and Other cosmetic accessories.
Consecrating for offices, vehicles, machines, tools and other implements that assist work. It is common practice to anoint motor vehicles and other forms of transportation including children’s bicycles, all tools, machinery factory and office buildings, and to perform a pooja in the following format for them.
- The vehicles, machinery and tools are marked with dots of turmeric paste and kumkum. (If you have sensitive equipment, I suggest do this yourself in a discreet manner.
- Flowers are placed on the vehicle, machine or other equipment. Garlands of yellow chrysanthemum are particularly auspicious.
- If possible, a pair of banana saplings are tied on the vehicle, machine or equipment. If not, the saplings is tied against the doorway of the garage, office, or machine floor. On a table Or On the floor in front of the vehicle or equipment:
- A lamp is lighted, One pair of lamps or a lamp with two wicks is sufficient. An image of your ishtadevata can be placed along with the lamps.
- Banana leaf or leaves are placed to arrange offerings. Fruits and sugarcane bits are placed on and around the banana leaves, place. A trail mix of puffed rice, powdered jaggery, and pottu kadalai is made as an offering and placed on a banana leaf. Betel leaves and nuts are placed along this mix and broken coconuts.
- The karpura aarati: The camphor is lite and kept on a camphor holder or other metal dish or ladle. Perform a karpura aarati for the vehicles, machines and tools ringing the bell as you do so. The vessel containing the burning camphor is passed around so that everyone can take the blessing from the flames.
- Removing drishti (evil eyes) with lime: this is to ward off disaster, evil eyes, and negative forces. A ripe lime is taken and right arm is rotated thrice in a vertical clockwise manner, thrice in a vertical anti-clockwise manner and thrice up and down in front Of the items consecrated. Smash the lime.
- Remove drishti with pumpkin: this is to ward off disaster, evil eyes, and negatlve forces. A square plug is cut out of the full white pumpkin. The hole is filled with turmeric and kunkuma powder and some coins. The plug id replaced. A few pieces of camphor is balanced on the top and lite. The whole pumpkin is raised above the head and rotate thrice in a vertical clockwise manner, thrice in a vertical anti-clockwise manner and thrice up and down in front Of the items consecrated. Have someone take the pumpkin out of sight and smash it. Whoever smashes the pumpkin gets the coins.
Reach us to be a part of our whatsapp spiritual reminder group