Benefits of Reciting The Vishnu Saharsanama
Updates on Monthly Spiritual Events
Rare and interesting facts about Hinduism
Interesting Articles on Hinduism
Amazing Benefits Of The Vishnu Sahasranama
- Lord Vishnu is one of the tri moorthis in this world who is regarded the supreme protector of the universe. The Vishnu sahasranama (1000 different names of Lord Vishnu) gives great benefits if chanted with a pure mind and heart.
- Those chanting the holy Vishnu Sahasranamam are abundantly blessed with good luck and fortune. This helps them in attaining their personal and professional objectives, which results in a happy life.
- Regular recital of this mantra also relaxes one’s mind, from unnecessary thoughts and worries, thereby providing the much essential peace of mind. When the mind is peaceful, it becomes more efficient and thus all the energy within a person can be routed towards positive thoughts and actions.
- Devotees who chant this mantra regularly gain immensely from it. Forthcoming obstacles pertaining to a person’s life are effectively removed.
- The holy mantra of Vishnu Sahasranama serves as a protective shield (kavach) around the person chanting it. It safeguards one’s body and mind, thus protecting them from the evil intentions of their enemies.
- The Vishnu Sahasranama also helps one absolve his or her sins from the present and past births. This in turn makes a person virtuous and leads him towards the path of Dharma (righteousness) and absolute devotion towards the almighty.
- This sacred mantra has the divine power of taking its chanter closer towards ‘Moksha’ or salvation, which is the ultimate goal of every soul.
If you are not able to recite the Vishnu Saharsanama, you can say this Rama mantra and reap the same benefits as Vishnu saharsanama.
Benefits of Reciting Sri Vishnu Sahasranama – Phala Sruti
The person who listens or recites to this Vishnu Sahasranamam every day will never be bothered by evil forces from then on.
When a Brahmana (person from the Brahmin Community) chants this sacred mantra regularly, he is believed to successfully master the Vedanta.
A Kshatriya who chants or listens to this mantra, is said taste victory in the battle field.
A Vaisya who regularly recites his mantra, receives innumerable wealth and good fortune as a result of trade.
A Sudra reciting the mantra is believed to receive immense happiness on chanting these thousand holy names of Lord Vishnu.
If a person is desirous of leading a virtuous life, chanting this holy mantra directs him towards the path of dharma ( righteousness).
If it is the wealth that one desires, this sloka is sure to aid in the accumulation of wealth.
Chanting these thousand names of Lord Maha Vishnu, also helps childless couples to be blessed with offspring.
All those people who recite this sthotra whole heartedly with absolute devotion towards Lord Vishnu, is believed to receive immense wealth, fame, good health and all other prosperities of materialistic life. Lastly, the chanting of this holy mantra also purifies one’s soul, thereby helping in attaining the ultimate salvation upon death.
A person who is spiritually awakened never fears for anything or at any time, except his own conscience. He/she acquires the prowess and positive energy as a result of it. This keeps one’s mind and body sound and healthy, thereby aiding in leading a disease free life. A healthy body and mind also enhances one’s strength and beauty.
The holy Namas (names) of Lord Vishnu heals the sick into healthy, clears one of all his afflucations, the timid and cowardly transforms into brave. Those under severe sorrow and distress is completely freed of their worries, bringing peace to their minds.
It is believed that a person who chant the revered Vishnu Sahasranama with utmost faith and devotion towards the lord, easily succeeds in crossing all difficulties in their life.
The one who completely surrenders at the lotus feet of the Lord, seeking refuge with him, gets freed of all his sins, be it committed knowingly or unknowingly.
Devotees of Sri Vasudeva never have to encounter any form of evil. They get freed from the fear of birth, death, decrepitude, and disease.
Chanting this holy hymn with utmost devotion and faith, is believed to help in acquiring felicity of soul, forgiveness of disposition, prosperity, intelligence, memory, and fame. Evil thoughts such as wrath, jealousy, greed and lust, can never intrude a Pearson following the path of Dharma (righteousness).
The revered Vishnu Sahasranama was written in praise of the Lord by the great Sage Vyasa. Reciting this holy nama(name) of the Paranthamaan, is believed to grant all the happiness and prosperitg in one’s life.
Those persons that worship and adore the Lord of the universe, that deity who is inborn and possessed of blazing effulgence, who is the origin or cause of the universe, who knows on deterioration, and who is endued with eyes that are as large and beautiful as the petals of the lotus, have never to meet with any discomfort.
Astrological importance of Sri Vishnu Sahasranam
Other than the above mentioned benefits, the recital of this sacred sthotra is also believed to bring immense astrological benefits.
It helps in reducing the effects of doshas (adversities), resulting from bad positioning of planets as per a person’s birth chart. Vishnu sahasranamam also has the power to heal and overcome various curses and bad luck.
The much revered classical astrological texts like the Bṛhat Parāśara Horāśāstra has mentioned the benefit of this sloka which aids in obtaining peace and gives relief during difficult situations. On the whole, this sacred mantra is regarded as a universal remedy to pacify aggressive planets in one’s birth chart.
Difficult periods according to a person’s birth horoscope includes:
Dashas and antadashas of death inflicting planets(marak periods) and functionally malefic planets.
Transition of malefic grahas like Rahu, Ketu or Saturn especially over Sun and Moon.
The transition of the planet Jupiter to one’s 8th House.
Weak and inauspicious positioning of Sun, Moon in the Lagna(Ascendant) Lord as per one’s birth chart.
The is mantra highly effective in overcoming adversities like incurable diseases, fear, anxiety and low state of confidence and self-esteem.
Chanting the sahasranama also gives relief from Financial losses, conflicts and poor economic condition.
Resolves problems pertaining infertility and any problem affecting children.
Reduces problems in one’s Marital life and divorce conflicts.
Ensures success in exams, business ventures and other competition.
Protects individuals and the country during the times of disasters.
To make spiritual progress which paves way for attaining the lotus feet of Lord Vishnu.
To fulfill personal desires or to overcome any other difficulty in life.
By Radhika T V
Reach us to be a part of our whatsapp spiritual reminder group